Instruction & OER Librarian (Faculty)
Interim Library Director
"Peer Review" is a process used to assess articles before publication in a scholarly journal. This process is important because it validates the research and gives it a sort of "seal of approval" from others in the research community.
1. Author submits a research paper
2. Journal Editor sends the article to at least two other researchers or scholars (in the same discipline) for review
3. Reviewers determine if the article should be published based on the quality of the research, including:
4. Author implements changes and resubmits the article
5. Article is published by the scholarly journal