Finding Credible Websites
What is it?
What kind of information does the website include or exclude?
- Verified Facts / Objective (overviews, summaries, articles…)
- Opinions / Subjective (blogs, forum posts, social media content…)
Who made it?
Who created the website? Who maintains it? What are their motives?
Look for pages titled:
- “About” or “About Us” or “Our Staff”
- “Mission” or “Learn More”
- “Contact Us”
Why is it useful?
When was the website published/last updated?
Watch out for:
- Money Solicitation (such as excessive pop-ups asking for donations)
- Information presented as “facts” without providing evidence or verification
Need more help? Ask a librarian!