Need research help? Having trouble finding, identifying or evaluating library resources? That is what your CSM librarians are here to do.
La Plata 301-934-7626 Leonardtown 240-725-5360 Prince Frederick 443-550-6061
Before you start adding sources to NoodleTools, you have to create a new project.
Add sources to your bibliography by creating citations.
From your bibliography page, to create a new citation:
1. Choose what type of source you are citing from the "Select a citation type" drop down
2. Click "Create Citation"
In your paper, when you quote or paraphrase information from a source, you have to credit that source with an in-text reference.
What are in-text references?
1. In-text (also known as parenthetical) references point to a specific source in your bibliography.
2. These references appear in parentheses directly after the quote or paraphrase you used in your paper.
3. Different citation style has different formats for in-text references, but they usually include the author's last name and the page number where the quote or paraphrase appeared in the original source.
In addition to saving citations, you can also create notecards and outlines in NoodleTools.
Organize your research by:
1. Creating notecards with quotes and paraphrases of information from your sources
2. Linking notecards to source citations in NoodleTools - you'll never forget where you grabbed a quote!
3. Creating an outline with your notecards
View the video tutorials on the Notecards & Outlines page to learn how to use notecards and outlines in NoodleTools!